The SiLS LL.M. in International Commercial Law and Dispute Resolution is taught fully online, giving career professionals access to a level of higher education that may otherwise be out of reach because of work or family responsibilities.
As a student at SiLS, you will have:
- A classroom that is always open,
- A teaching approach directed at encouraging students not just to learn the theory, but to unterstand how it works, why it works, and what the practical implications in it might be,
- A real life experience of what international work as a global lawyer is like, with online meetings, video conferencing, online research, and written work prepared individually or in small groups,
- Stimulating and inspiring feedback from faculty and peers from all over the world,
- Small classes that are composed from a student body representing a wide variety of experience, bringing both specialist knowledge and fresh perspectives.
Please read more about our Unique Features.
The SiLS LL.M. master degree is awarded upon the satisfactory completion of four interactive modules and four self-guided tutorials.
Each of the four interactive Swiss International Law School modules is led by an eminent global scholar in the respective field. Classes are supervised by two course leaders, one from a common law, the other from a civil law background. Each SiLS module can also be booked individually.
- Sales and Transport Law: Module leader Professor Dr. Ingeborg SCHWENZER, LL.M.
- Intellectual Property Law: Module leader Professor Dr. William VAN CAENEGEM, LL.M.
- Dispute Resolution: Module leader Professor Louise BARRINGTON
- Corporate Law: Module leader Professor Dr. Katharina PISTOR, LL.M.
Four extra-modular tutorials cover important aspects of legal work. They are self-guided and allow for your own individual learning path and pace.
- Legal Research and Writing: Dr. Benjamin LEISINGER, LL.M.
- Presentation Techniques: Dr. Christopher KEE
- Professional Ethics for the Global Lawyer: Professor Catherine ROGERS
- Features of Common Law and Civil Law Systems: Professor Dr. Thomas LUNDMARK, LL.M.
In addition, enjoy this bonus tutorial:
- Management of Legal and Compliance Risk: Dr. Peter KURER, LL.M.
Dual Award Programs
Our Dual Award Programs allow that courses taken at Swiss International Law School are credited towards LL.M. degrees of other well-known and highly respected institutions and, vice versa, courses taken at other institutions are credited towards the SiLS Master of Laws.
The tuition for the whole program is CHF 36.000. For one single module the fee is CHF 10.000. SiLS offers financial support to encourage access to its courses to students from both developed and transitioning or developing countries.
See What Leading Experts Think About the SiLS LL.M. …