As of January 2018, Swiss International Law School (SiLS) is collaborating with the Faculty of Law at the renowned Bond University, Gold Coast, Australia to offer an online Master of Laws (LLM) International Commercial Law and Dispute Resolution.
The new LLM program is offered either entirely online, or as a combination of online and on campus studies. It features all four former SiLS online modules, each converted into a 20 cps Bond online subject: International Sales and Transport Law, International Corporate Law, International Commercial Dispute Resolution, and Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Law. They are taught in an interactive manner, and using an intercultural and innovative teaching approach, while classes will remain small.
Learn from the Best
The former Dean of SiLS, Professor Dr. Ingeborg SCHWENZER, LL.M., editor and main author of the world’s leading Commentary on International Sales Law, and former chair of the CISG Advisory Council, will remain closely affiliated with the new LLM program at Bond.
Each of the four interactive online 20 cps Bond subjects is led by an eminent global scholar in the respective field:
- International Sales and Transport Law: Professor Dr. Ingeborg SCHWENZER, LL.M.
- International Corporate Law: Professor Dr. Katharina PISTOR, LL.M.
- International Dispute Resolution: Professor Louise BARRINGTON, FCIArb
- Fundamentals of Intellectual Property Law: Professor Dr. William VAN CAENEGEM, LL.M.
In addition, four extra-curricular foundation modules cover important aspects of legal work. They are self-guided and allow for your own individual learning path and pace.
- Legal Research and Writing: Dr. Benjamin LEISINGER, LL.M.
- Professional Ethics for the Global Lawyer: Professor Catherine ROGERS
- Features of Common Law and Civil Law Systems: Professor Dr. Thomas LUNDMARK, LL.M.
- Management of Legal and Compliance Risk: Dr. Peter KURER, LL.M.
Comparative Legal Approach
The online courses are not linked to one specific jurisdiction, but strongly based on a genuine comparative approach. Classes are supervised by subject coordinators – experienced international professors and senior lecturers – with a common law and a civil law background.
Why Should you Attend?
The program prepares for confident and ethical global legal practice. It is designed for law students as well as career professionals from different cultural and legal backgrounds, who aim for a high-level career in an international law firm, multinational company or government organisation. It gives access to a level of higher education that may otherwise be out of reach because of geographical distance, or work or family responsibilities. For maximal flexibility, it is possible to study full time or part time, or even just take single subjects.
For more details, please see Unique Features.
What Leading Experts Think About the SiLS LL.M. …