M ary HISCOCK is now an Emeritus Professor of the Law Faculty, after many years teaching at Bond University and at the University of Melbourne, interspersed with visiting appointments in Europe, Asia and North America. She is a member of the Australian Academy of Law. Her expertise is in international trade and investment, with emphasis on international contracts and comparative law.
Professor HISCOCK has represented Australia on a number of occasions at the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL).
She is a member of the Editorial Boards of the Australian Journal of Asian Law, the Melbourne Journal of International Law, and the Asia-Pacific Law Review..
She has served as the Chair of the International Law Section of the Law Council of Australia and as President of the International Academy of Commercial and Consumer Law. She continues as a Director of that Academy.
She has authored and/or edited 20 books and has published many articles in learned journals.
- Doctor of Laws – University of Chicago
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) – University of Melbourne
- Professional admission & memberships
- Legal Practitioner of the High Court of Australia
- Barrister and Solicitor – Supreme Court of Victoria
- Solicitor – Supreme Court of Queensland
- Legal Practitioner – Supreme Court of New South Wales